I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing long weekend!
Here is what we will be doing in K1 this week:
Reading: We will be finishing up our lesson on Families this week. We will be rereading our story What Makes a Family? and review the letters M, N, and O.
Math: We will learn about the number 9 and talk about finding one more and one less of a number. The students will be assessed on numbers to 9 on Friday.
Religion: On Wednesday the students will be assessed on creation. We will be starting a new lesson on how we are all made in the image of the God. I will read the scripture story of Adam and Eve as well.
We have our first Pride Day this Friday. The students will be split up into their Pride groups and have the first of many lessons they will have this year on the topic of prayer. Remember if you bring in ten boxes of spaghetti on Friday your child can wear free dress on Friday. Please follow the following guidelines:
Free Dress Guidelines
These days are a privilege. Students are expected to choose appropriate school wear following the guidelines and rules listed for the school uniform. Modesty and good taste are expected. Administration and staff reserve the right to judge what is appropriate and acceptable. Students found to be “out of appropriate dress” will not be allowed into class.
Parents and Students should note the following:
Jeans and uniform shorts can be worn
• Clothing can be neither under-sized nor over-sized.
• The length of skirts must still adhere to the uniform guidelines.
3 inches from the middle of the knee.
• Shorts other than uniform shorts are not permitted
* Leggings and Jeggings are not permitted
*Makeup is not permitted
• Restrictions include, but are not limited to, spaghetti-strap tops, tank tops, biker shorts, short shorts, cut-offs, midriff shirts, pajama-style clothing, or clothing with inappropriate slogans/pictures.
• Shoes must be appropriate for Recess and P.E. class. NO sandals are permitted at any time.
*Socks must be blue, black, white or grey
Have a great week!
Miss Lauren Cordier
Class Wish List
-Treasure Box Prizes (party city, party favor items)